Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mom's Crescent Rolls

1 1/2 C scalded milk
1/2 C oil
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Yeast
about 6 C flour
2 eggs
softened butter

Combine milk, oil, sugar, and salt. In sepparate bowl, mix 2 tsp yeast into 1/2 C warm water and dissolve. Combine yeast water with other ingredients. Add about 6 C flour (dough should be a little sticky, but workable). Add two eggs and mix til smooth. Refridgerate 2 hours (I always skip this step) and divide into 4 balls. Let rise. Roll each ball to 1/8 inch thin, butter then cut into 8 pieces (triangles). Roll wide end to narrow. Put onto greased cookie sheet and let rise about two hours (until really fluffy). Bake @ 375 12-15 minutes (should be very slightly golden, be careful to not overcook). Brush tops with butter.

1 comment:

  1. Ralae you are so amazing! I cower in your presence and know I am not worthy:) J/k. I really am going to add some recipes here i'm looking for the time. But in the mean time...What the crap is "scalded milk" anyway?

    ReplyDelete