Friday, January 15, 2010

Yummy Broiled Tilapia Fish (I don't know the name to this recipe)

This recipe got 4 1/2 stars out of five when 5,000 people rated it on the internet. I thought that those were pretty good odds so I had to try it. Jon Mark gave it a ten out ten, and I really liked it too.

Ingredients:
2 lbs of Tilapia fish (I used 4 fillets)
1/2 C parmesan cheese
3 Tbs mayo
2 Tbs lemon juice
about a 1/4 C olive oil (or softened butter)
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp basil
salt (optional)

Combine above ingredients in a shallow bowl. Grease the bottom of a clear casserole dish and preheat your oven to broil. Coat both sides of each fillet and lay each in a single layer in the dish. Broil a couple of minutes (about four on my oven). Flip over, add more of mixture to the top. Broil a few more minutes (again, about four). Add a bit more parmesan cheese to the top of fish. Broil an additional minute or two (or until fish flakes easily). Be careful NOT to OVERCOOK the fish.

Side dishes that compliment: Brown rice, steamed squash and zuchinni, and mashed potatoes.

This was a REALLY good dish. I really liked it a lot. It's very flavorful, easy, was done in about fifteen minutes, and was a healthy meal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment