Ingredients:
1 lb ground chicken, pork or beef (I use chicken)
*2 TBS soy sauce (optional)
**1/2 Jar of House of Tsang General Tsao Sauce (found in the soy sauce section of the grocery store)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups of broth
half of a Napa cabbage cut into one inch pieces
Olive oil for browning the meatballs
Corn starch
1. In a large bowl, mix the meat with one TBS of corn starch, and the sauce (**I haven't tried combining sauces, I have only done either 2 TBS soy sauce OR 1/2 jar of Tsao)
2. Form into meat balls (may need to add some corn starch depending on size of balls). On a plate, roll the meatballs in more corn starch until they are nicely coated.
3. In a large wok or pan, heat a couple of TBS of oil and brown the meatballs until golden on all sides. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain a bit
4. Wipe out the wok, add the cut up cabbage to it and heat through
5. Place meatballs back into pan with the cabbage to keep warm while you prepare the broth. If I use the Tsao sauce I pour a couple of TBS over the whole mixture.
6. Place cabbage and meatballs in a casserole dish and pour broth on it. Cover with tin foil and simmer in oven until meatballs are cooked through.
7. Serve over rice.
This dish goes well with rice, and zuchinni as side dishes. The Tsao sauce gives the meatballs more flavor. The soy sauce is a very light flavor depending on how much sauce you use. I prefer the General Tsao sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment